Mr. Hillman is the principal for Nampa Online Virtual Academy. During his 20+ years with the District, he has served in a variety of roles: high school social studies teacher, coach, high school and middle school vice principal, elementary school principal, developmental preschool principal, and director of special education. He also served as a board member for the Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and Blind Board of Directors.
Mr. Hillman earned a bachelor’s degree in economics for secondary education from Boise State University and a master’s degree in educational administration from the University of Idaho. He also completed the special education director certification through the University of Idaho.
Some fun facts about Mr. Hillman:
- He is an outdoorsman and enjoys camping, fishing, and hunting.
- He has been married for 27 years and is the proud father of four children (three adults and one still in high school).
- He has a dog named Fido that is a little too energetic at times!
- He likes tinkering with woodworking in his garage and creating woodworking projects.
- He served a two-year mission in Japan, where he learned to speak Japanese.
- Played four sports all four years in high school – Football, Wrestling, Track and Baseball – earning 12 varsity letter awards.
- As a cub scout (10 years old), he was selected to represent all cub scouts in the state and give the annual scouting report to the Idaho state governor and the state legislature.