Misty is a kindergarten teacher for Nampa Online Virtual Academy. She has been a teacher and worked in the Nampa School District for 6 years. She spent 3 years teaching 4th grade and 3 years teaching kindergarten at Iowa Elementary. Misty received her bachelor's degree in Communication with a minor in Psychology from Boise State. When her 4 children were older, she returned to school to get her teaching degree at NNU. While teaching 4th grade she completed her master's degree from NNU in Curriculum, Instruction & Innovation.
Misty has been married to her husband Todd for 28 years. They have 4 childrenJosh is 22, Emily and Zachary are 20 and Easton is 16. The older three graduated from Skyview High School. Easton is still in school.
- She loves reading and watching movies.
- She has two cats, Atlas and Luna. They were born in the summer of the Solar Eclipse. She has since renamed Atlas to “brat cat” and Luna to “girly.”
- She LOVES ice cream. And OREOs, and peanut M&M’s. She has mastered the perfect way to eat the M&Ms and will gladly share this information if you ask!
- She started gardening this year. She has let her husband do it all for the past 25 years.
- She LOVES the outdoors and camping if it is in a trailer with a bed and a bathroom. Some would call this glamping.
- She LOVES playing games and is extremely competitive and does not like to lose.
- She loves pranks and April Fool's Day. In fact, when she taught 4th grade, she had her niece do her makeup to look like she had a giant bruise on her head. She told her class she had tripped on a goose nest on the Nampa Greenbelt and that the goose had attacked her. To say the least, the kids were intrigued for the entire day.