3rd Grade Teacher
Jacqueline is the 3rd-grade teacher for Nampa Online Virtual Academy and has been with NOVA for 2 years. She had taught at Willow Creek Elementary in Nampa for five years as an English as a second language specialist/co-teacher. She also was a substitute teacher in Nampa for a year in all grades and subjects K-12. She has worked for a preschool for refugees, students with hearing impairments and language difficulties, in West Ada as a paraprofessional, and in Boise Independent School District as a substitute teacher. Her first two years of teaching were spent in Bruneau and Grand View.
Ms. Martinko earned her Bachelor of Education degree in elementary education and a Spanish minor from the University of Idaho (Go Vandals!). She earned her Master of Education in curriculum and instruction specializing in English as a second language from the University of Phoenix.
Some fun facts about Ms. Martinko:
· She owns, and likes to share with her students, a collection of books numbering well over a hundred.
· Her favorite animal is a sloth, although this year’s students have gotten her into axolotls as well.
· She loves Dutch Bros coffee.
· She enjoys dancing in the styles of the 1920s-1950s – ballroom, and country swing.
· She has been working at Lakeshore Learning Store in Boise for almost seven years.
· She collects silly socks. It’s a family tradition.
· She played clarinet from fifth grade through college, was a drum major in high school and a proud member of the Sound of Idaho Marching Band.