4th Grade Teacher
Sheryll Sharp is joining the NOVA team and will be teaching 4th grade this year! She comes to us from Reagan Elementary, in Nampa. Sheryll has 16 years of teaching experience, all in fourth grade. She taught for 5 years at Reagan, and 11 years at Kimberly Elementary, in Kimberly, Idaho. She earned her BA in Education from Idaho State University and went on to earn her master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, from Lesley University. Sheryll is originally from the Great Lake State of Michigan! She moved to Idaho in the early 1990’s and fell in love with Idaho. She spends many hours outdoors and is always excited for a trip to Bogus Basin in the summer for a hike Around the Mountain. In the winter months you will also find Sheryll at Bogus Basin, as she is a volunteer member of the Bogus Basin Ski Patrol! Sheryll has 3 daughters, all graduates of Boise State University, and an early morning walking partner named Zinni, a cute doggie who has been with her for years. Her husband, Billy, enjoys most things outdoors, but sadly, has not taken to the winter, YET!
Fun facts about Ms. Sharp:
- Loves snorkeling and would like to learn to scuba dive.
- Will someday with sharks.
- Antarctica is the #1 place she would like to visit on her bucket list.
- She eats the entire apple!!!
- Lived and worked in Yellowstone National Park before moving to Idaho.
- Sheryll and her husband married on top of a mountain- Table Mountain, in Driggs, Idaho.
- S'mores with recess peanut butter cups may just be the next big thing!
- Visited Cuba recently, and would love to go back!
- She still drives a ‘stick shift’ and her daughters can all drive a standard transmission car.