Jason Hillman, Principal
Jason Hillman is the Principal for Nampa Online Virtual Academy for the Nampa School District. During his 20+ years in education with the Nampa School District, he has served in a variety of roles: high school social studies teacher, coach, high school and middle school vice principal, elementary school principal, developmental preschool principal, and Director of Special Education. Jason also served as a board member for the Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and Blind Board of Directors and as a member of the transitions committee for the Idaho State Department of Education.
Jason earned a bachelor's degree in Economics for Secondary Education from Boise State University and a master's degree in Educational Administration from the University of Idaho. He also completed the Special Education Director certification through the University of Idaho.
Some Fun facts about Jason:
- Jason is an outdoorsman and enjoys camping, fishing, and hunting.
- He has been married for 27 years
- Father of 4 children.(3 adults and 1 still in High school)
- Likes tinkering with wood working in his garage and creating woodworking projects.
- He served a two-year Mission in Japan where he learned to speak Japanese.
- As a cub scout (10 years old) was selected to represent the state and give the annual scouting report to the Idaho state governor and the state legislature.