Jason Hillman, Principal
Jason Hillman is the Principal for Nampa Online Virtual Academy for the Nampa School District. During his 20+ years in education with the Nampa School District, he has served in a variety of roles: high school social studies teacher, coach, high school and middle school vice principal, elementary school principal, developmental preschool principal, and Director of Special Education. Jason also served as a board member for the Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and Blind Board of Directors and as a member of the transitions committee for the Idaho State Department of Education.
Jason earned a bachelor's degree in Economics for Secondary Education from Boise State University and a master's degree in Educational Administration from the University of Idaho. He also completed the Special Education Director certification through the University of Idaho.
Some Fun facts about Jason:
- Jason is an outdoorsman and enjoys camping, fishing, and hunting.
- He has been married for 27 years
- Father of 4 children.(3 adults and 1 still in High school)
- Likes tinkering with wood working in his garage and creating woodworking projects.
- He served a two-year Mission in Japan where he learned to speak Japanese.
- As a cub scout (10 years old) was selected to represent the state and give the annual scouting report to the Idaho state governor and the state legislature.
Emmett Wemp, Vice Principal
Emmett Wemp has been an educator since 2005. He started his career in the Boise School District as a Technology and Engineering teacher. He moved to the Nampa School District in 2009 and taught Engineering until 2014. In 2016, Emmett was fortunate to be the founding principal for Treasure Valley Leadership Academy. This year, Emmett gets to be on the administrative team for NOVA (Nampa Online Virtual Academy) where he serves students and families in their online-learning adventures.
Fun Facts about Mr. Wemp:
- Loves to eat old meats and cheeses (salami and aged Gouda for example)
- Has an Associate'sDegree in Automotive Restoration
- Hates wearing shoes
- Refuses to wear regular socks
- Loves a good campfire
- Has a plain ol’ poodle, not mixed with anything
- His wife teaches in Nampa also
- Enjoys mowing the lawn